hi all,

I have been lurking on this list, been too busy to respond but when I
read this... "last week I was honoured to give a presentation at the
Ministry of Education for Malaysia’s Open Source Software Conference."

Ministry of Education for Malaysia’s Open Source Software Conference
!! (Oct 12-13)

What conference was this, how come it was kept a secret?

Anyone from any of the FOSS community was invited, attended or was
invited to speak?

... arrrgh I'm tearing my hair out in frustration, but unless I'm
seriously wrong, there is something wrong with our edu system,
especially in IT, and FOSS can contribute, yet such meetings as above
are kept 'secret' from the local community, and to the outside world,
we project an image that we are doing a lot on FOSS

Its like the emperor's new clothes; its all smoke and mirrors, makes
us look good, but where is the substance, the real stuff?

Malaysia Boleh : -(

Yes I'm being very cynical... pls correct me if I'm wrong...

PS

Just the other day, after a Python community meetup, over coffee, we
were discussing about finding & employing programmers, and just among
our 'little' community, we counted 4 companies looking for suitable
candidates but .... no luck!

..yes thats why I'm cynanical...

--
#-------