Hi Mario

On 10/26/07, Mario Valle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I had to make some addition to have it compiling under VS 7.1 (and my wx and
> osg
> libraries). But beside this, I noticed a strange thing:
> load spaceship.osg (or fountain.osg) and you notice the motor plumes does not
> animate. If
> you make the model rotate, they start animate again.

That is quite expected. The update traversal is not normally
triggered, so no updatecallback-based animations can work if the view
is not being updated. If you throw the model, the manipulator calls
requestContinuousUpdate(true) so animations are updated.
If you want to override this behavior, you can call
Canvas::setUpdateWhenIdleOverride(true). You'll get the "normal",
real-time OSG loop.

The rationale is that GUI based applications more often display static
scenes (e.g. in a 3D modeler, the update is not continuous).

> It is something related to your OnIdle optimization. If you comment the if
> line, then
> everything animates as usual.
> Hope it helps.

Glad to see if compiles under 7.1