The problem I identified is a fix for building against 10.5 and the
build process would have to be smart enough to test it.  It would also
have to be smart enough to know when it is being built for X11 instead
of AGL.  I hope Apple fixes the libGL.dylib bug because it has been a
thorn in my side for several of the code bases I maintain.

Perhaps I didn't understand your solution, I thought your fix required
installing a new version of freetype that linked against Apple's open
gl instead of the X11 open gl.

Dan