Hi Dave,

Questions are fine, although it's best to post to the osg-users mailing
list so that everyone can benefit.  (Also you're likely to get a quicker
answer.)

It's good to hear that osgDotNet is running with VS 2008; you're the first
person I've heard from that's tried it.

You should be able to load your Maya models in a very similar way to what
you would do in unmanaged code:

    Osg.Node model = OsgDB.Globals.readNodeFile("file.obj");

You can then set the scene of the viewer to the model.  All of the magic
for the .obj loader happens under the covers in unmanaged code, so you
don't need to worry about it.

-Mike