> > My advice: Don't use ShapeDrawable to draw spheres. Use Geometry
> > instead. The osgUtil Intersector classes work with Geometry because
> > Geometry::accept() actually contains code.
> >    -Paul
> Hi,
>
> the lineSegment-intersector and the planeIntersector definitely work
> with shapeDrawables. For picking spheres in a scene I would use a
> lineSegmentIntersector.
> As for the polytopeIntersector in the example-code I don´t know, I
> haven´t tried that.

...except Robert has already publicly stated that the old line segment and
plane intersection classes are now deprecated. In light of that, I would not
advise developing any new code that uses them.

The best solution is to not use ShapeDrawables -- ever. They are not well
supported for anything other than drawing.
   -Paul