There are a bunch of ways to deal with this. You shouldn't modify the
CMakeCache directly. And you  really shouldn't need to modify the
CMakeLists.txt.

1) Use the ccmake instead of cmake. It exists for this very reason and
is the easiest, most reliable answer. (I constantly beg people to use
this so we don't get these kinds of questions over and over.)

2) Define the CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH and CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH environmental
variables. See the CMake documentation, but essentially:
export CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/nekoware/lib

3) Define the OSGDIR environmental variable or OSG_ROOT environmental
variable. This is something we put in, though I'm not sure if it is
consistently applied everywhere yet.

4) Not recommended, but still better than editing the CMakeCache (but
explicitly set values. See the CMake documentation.

-Eric