Hi Christoph,

Are your elevation and imagery in the same coordinate system?  It's
been awhile since I've looked at VPB, but if I recall correctly, the
last input file on the command line is used to determine the
coordinate system of the output database.  So, if someGeoTiff_Height
is in a geodetic projection and someGeoTiff_Texture is in a UTM
projection, the first command will produce a database in geodetic and
the second command line will produce a database in UTM.

VPB should scale height values appropriately (at least it was at one
point) if you are producing a geodetic database, but this is one
explanation as to why your output would be different depending on the
order of your command line arguments.

Good luck!

Jason