Hi Chistopher,

The different coordinate systems is what is leading to the difference.
 When you don't specify a destination coordinate system VPB/osgdem has
to choose one for you, and it takes the first entry in the source list
as the destination coordinate system to use.  If you do specify the
coordinate system yourself then you'll avoid this ambiguity.

Robert.