>> 2. Could it be that you have several copies around and your program is
>
> I have only one Arial file.

Are you sure your program is not picking up the arial.ttf that's in
OpenSceneGraph-Data/fonts? If you have OSG_FILE_PATH set, then it
could be loading up that one, and it's only 42.5k so I'd guess it
doesn't contain the characters you want.

Setting OSG_NOTIFY_LEVEL=DEBUG will tell you which arial.ttf it is loading.

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/