  _____

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Will Sistar
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:55 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] DynamicLibrary::failed loading

Well, here is what I have done so far.
I used Depends and found that it couldn't find the two microsoft dir, so I
added that to my path as you mentioned.
(still didn't work)
Uninstalled OSG and then reinstalled making sure to add the environment
variables
to the registry. (I believe I did before)  Ran osgShell without any
modifications and found that it does in fact add %OSG_PATH% to the front of
the system path with the same directories listed as Mike previously
mentioned.
Tried "osgviewer cow.osg" again and it still didn't work.

What is interesting is that when I manually load it doesn't prepend the
"osgPlugins-2.2.0" to the filename and it finds and uses it with no
problems.  If I type in "osgviewer -l osgPlugins-2.2.0/osgdb_osg.dll
cow.osg" it finds the file but still says it fails to load.  If it were a
dependency problem wouldn't it have a problem loading the dll regardless of
how it found it?  I am not saying it isn't a PATH issue but it always seems
to find the file, it just fails when it is anywhere other than the \bin dir.
I tried putting it in the \system32 directory and try to manually load it
and it finds it there but fails to load.

It works on one of my home pc just not my work one.

Mike, this is where I started with setting up my env variables.  I think I
may have entered one of them wrong before which is why I removed everything
and started over.  I then checked them against what you had in your email
and they matched.
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/GettingStarted
step 4. and
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/PlatformSpecifics/Vi