Daniel

I think you are missing something here. Creator and 3dsmax are both useful. 3dsmax is used more in gaming and design, but Creator is superior for real-time simulation applications.3dsMax just doesn't have the same focus. E.g., look at airport modeling: Creator has many features that make it an excellent solution for easily modeling airport models that are detailed and accurate. There is a whole lot of functionality to create accurate lighting systems and geospecific runways automatically from DAFIF data, LODS, etc. There are wizards to make this easy, and I find the interfaces both cleaner and easier to access.

And, as you seem to agree in your second pointt, you can't beat the hierarchical and .flt support in Creator.

robert.
hi,

first of all: the words modeling and creator should not appear in the same sentence :). probably you can use creator for cad tasks but thats all. the texturing tools are quite ok though... i would go with a combination of both. using 3dsmax for the model and creator to compose everything in a nice hierarchy.
that's all i can say for now.

cheers,
daniel

Loong Hin wrote:
Hi,

I've a flight simulator project running on OSG 2.2 whereby we need to model a
geo-specific airport.

We will need features like creating the airport lighting system, geo-specific
buildings, multiple LODs.

We are considering whether to use Multigen Creator or 3D Studio Max to do the
job, any advice? Thanks a lot