Hello Paul,

> FYI, I _did_ delete my CMake cache as you suggested, but CMake was still
> unable to find the latest Windows freetype lib/header in the 3rdParty
> sibling directory. I _had_ to enter the paths and filename by hand.

Sorry, I was just checking. I did it that way too, I just didn't try
to do it automatically before doing it manually so I didn't know if
that worked or not.

> I can understand it not finding the library, as the filename has changed
> (perhaps a CMake wizard can help with this problem?). However, CMake should
> have found the freetype include directory. But it did not. So that's still a
> mystery.

It might not be... From CMakeModules/Find3rdPartyDependencies.cmake :

     FIND_DEPENDENCY(FREETYPE ft2build.h
                     "freetype;freetype219;freetype234;freetype234MT"
                     ${OSG_3RDPARTY_BIN} "_D")
     IF(FREETYPE_FOUND)
         #forcing subsequent FindFreeType stuff to not search for other
         #variables.... kind of a hack
         SET(FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build ${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR}
             CACHE PATH "")
         SET(FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_freetype2 ${FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR}
             CACHE PATH "")
         MARK_AS_ADVANCED(FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_ft2build
                          FREETYPE_INCLUDE_DIR_freetype2)
     ENDIF(FREETYPE_FOUND)

I'm not a CMake wizard by any stretch of the imagination, but what I
understand from the above is:

If I find the ft2build.h include file AND freetype library in the 3rd party
     directory
Then:
     Set the include dir to the 3rd party include directory
     Stop looking for freetype.
Endif

The problem is that the real freetype lib we have (freetype235) is not
listed above, so it is not found, and therefore it cannot find the
freetype include dir (regardless of whether it's in 3rdParty or
elsewhere, since there is no such thing as a standard /usr/include or
/usr/local/include on Windows).

I imagine if you add freetype235 to the list of libs it looks for, it
will work... But it might still be nice if a _real_ CMake wizard could
tell us if there's a way to put a wildcard there, so we don't need to
update it next time... :-)

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/