Hello Richard,

> Warning... I'm in rare form tonight ;-)

Yeah... Well... I don't really see your point in continuing this
debate. No one willingly says "Hey, you know what? We don't need
documentation. You want to pay for it? Why bother!". I think this
subject is on the top-5 (maybe even top-2) list of "beating a dead
horse" subjects on this mailing list.

On the one hand, you're saying the OSG is worthless without
documentation. We all agree with the principle, but the fact of the
matter is that a large number of people find what little documentation
exists is sufficient to get started, and once you're rolling,
everything comes easily. So either your argument is too "white or
black", or OSG is a counter-example to your argument. I suspect a
little of both.

See the documentation and tutorials sections on the wiki for great
documentation that is not only free, but was also contributed freely
by members of the community. See Paul Martz's books for great
documentation in the more traditional sense. See the examples in the
source code for short, to-the-point code samples.

Of course, there can never be enough (and even less too much)
documentation. But the debate in itself does not help, since we all
have our take on the subject and no one in the "not enough docs" camp
steps up to change that. So can we just agree to disagree?

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/