Hello Robert,

> VPB from SVN does need porting to Windows, in particular the posix
> functions used for managing the file systems need to have equivalents
> found.  I'd appreciate Windows users tackling this as I don't have the
> Windows here to test and work on.

OK, I'll probably be able to help there in the coming weeks.

> W.r.t warnings, g++ 4.2.1 isn't reporting any warnings, I haven't
> upped the warning level from default so perhaps this might winkle so
> more out.  I guess some of the warnings might be related to just
> targeting posix so far.

I didn't mean warnings, there are some errors that should show up on
any compiler, such as a method declared as bool someMethod() not
returning a value... For example, in include/vpb/FileCache :

     bool sync() { if (_requiresWrite) write(_filename); }

should be

     bool sync() { if (_requiresWrite) return write(_filename); return false; }

or something to that effect. I would have thought gcc would give an
error there... MSVC certainly does.

BTW, to correct the methods, I would like to know what is your
standard for methods returning error? 0/false = no error and 1/true =
error? Or 0/false = failed and 1/true = succeeded?

> W.r.t fallback that does work under Windows, 0.9.1 should work fine.

Yep, works fine.

Thanks,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/