Hello Peter,

> ...then begins the
> build process till it gets to about 10% then every single time it
> throws up and error that reads "unknown cmake command SETUP_EXAMPLE"
> and then i cannot get past this point.

What did you specify in the first text field in CMakeSetup ("Where is
the source code?")? It should be the base directory (in which src/,
applications/, CMakeModules/ etc reside). And of course you need the
complete source tree, but I'm sure you know that :-)

> If any one has any ideas or
> a step by step guide as to what i should be doing please let me know.

It can't really be more step by step than what you've tried:

1. Download source
2. Unzip source
2.1 Make sure your third party binaries are in the right place, i.e. alongside
     the source tree (<source_tree_root>/../3rdParty/bin, /lib, etc.).
3. Run CMake, specifying <source_tree_root> in the first text field and
    <source_tree_root>\build in the second. Click Configure a few times, until
    there are no red fields, and then click Generate.
4. Open the generated build/OpenSceneGraph.sln file in Visual C++ and
press F7.

 From that point, once everything is built, you should be able to
right-click on the "example osgteapot" project, click "Set as Startup
Project", and press F5, and that should run it.

See
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/PlatformSpecifics/VisualStudio
for more details.

Good luck,

J-S
Jean-Sebastien Guay     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                         http://whitestar02.webhop.org/