Hi Bryan,

> So I'm playing with the example osg apps, but I don't seem to have an Images
> folder, which many of the examples assume I do.
>
> Did I miss something with the download?

Did you download the OpenSceneGraph-Data distribution?

http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Downloads/SampleDatasets

Unzip that wherever you want it, and then set OSG_FILE_PATH to point to
it. That contains sample .osg files, an Images subdirectory with stuff,
some fonts, etc.

If you downloaded the Windows installer, I think it includes
OpenSceneGraph-Data already, but you may need to set OSG_FILE_PATH to
the base directory (data I think) for it to find the textures. Then you
can just run osgviewer cow.osg and it'll find the model and the texture
by using OSG_FILE_PATH.

Hope this helps,

J-S