-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 3:06 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] A question about zooming with
orthographicprojection

Hi Ke Li,

You can do othrographic projection just fine, no need to avoid it.
The thing to avoid is zooming into a scene when in orthographic projection -
this is something that is just plain broken, you can try tricks with
near/far clipping but in the end you'll need to come round the conclusion
that its broken and is an inappropriate use of orthographic projection.  Is
say this from hard experience over the years trying to juggle orthographic
and perspective views.

Another broken idea that some apps try to do is stereo and orthographic
projections of scenes.... It's completely bonkers but some people do it and
expect it to work.

Use orthographic for what it's good at - external views of scenes, maps,
text overlays.

Robert.