Hi Robert,

 > In the early days of osgShadow it certainly wasn't thread safe.  This
> is why the SingleThreaded option is there.
>
> Now I haven't recently reviewed all the osgShadow implemententations
> too see if they are thread safe so can't confirm if we can safely do
> it yet.

If you admit it was not thread safe then - I guess the whole problem J-S
reported does not make much sense. Does it ?

What about prerender example then ? Maybe we should talk about this one ? Is
it  thread safe ? It behaves similarly after adding ThreadingHandler().

Cheers,
Wojtek

PS. I suggest we switch to thread J-S started "ShadowMap and threading mode"
its more appropriate for this discussion.