Hi Andreas,

I can't really help too much with the technical side of getting the
static build working under Windows as was the last millenium when I
list used Windows box for developer, and even then it was only brief
interlude away from unices.

I can say that fixes would be welcome.  There was a submission posted
to osg-submissions about half a year ago that made changes for a
Windows static build, but in review it looked to be it might fix the
static build but break other things so I made a brief call for
feedback from other windows dev's but didn't get a response.  Rather
than risk breaking the build for 99% of people I didn't merge.  You
could possible go back into the archives to have a look at this.

Once a set of changes are made it'd be useful to invite others under
Windows to review and test them out, both under static build and
normal dynamic build.

Robert.