From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 05 May 2008 19:46
To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
Subject: [osg-users] Problem with pluging libraries depending/linking
toMicrosoft.VC80.DebugCRT

Greetings -

I have a .dll / library/ plugin problem I have not been able to solve.

Trying both Visual Studio 2005 &  Visual Studio 2008, I compile osg as for
dynamic compile, Debug settings.
----
I have tracked down LoadLibrary() failures to the following System Event
errors:

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT. Reference error
message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system

Generate Activation Context failed for
C:\OpenSceneGraph\BUILD\bin\osgplugins-2.4.0\osgdb_jpegd.dll. Reference
error message: The operation completed successfull

---------

Question:
(1) Why is visual studio 2008 using vs2005 debug libraries? Is this a
compiler setting somewhere put in by CMAKE?

(2) Searching the internet, suggested solutions to this problem involve
copying the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC80.MFC  and CRT manifest files and .dll files to
the application directory.  This still doesn't work, even when compiling
with VS2005.   What can I do to get these debug libraries to load?

After 40 hours of attempts, I am at a total loss on how to get the plugins
to load the libraries successfully in DEBUG mode.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Curt

  _____

Plan your next roadtrip with MapQuest.com
<http://www.mapquest.com/?ncid=mpqmap00030000000004> : America's #1 Mapping
Site.