From: Roger James <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: 'OpenSceneGraph Users' <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>
Sent: Mon, 5 May 2008 2:18 pm
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Problem with pluging libraries depending/linking
toMicrosoft.VC80.DebugCRT

Curt,

?

Debug versions of the Microsoft CRT are licensed for redistribution. When they
were plain old dlls you used to be able to redistribute them illegally by
copying them. Now they are side by side assemblies it is much harder and
definitely not recommended. You will only get the debug versions of the dlls
installed on a machine as part of the relevant compiler install. It looks like
you are finding a debug version of the osg jpeg plugin which was compiled using
a compiler (VC8.0) which is not currently installed on your machine. It sounds
like you have VC8.1 and VC9.0 installed. If you think that the osg jpeg plugin
dll was compiled by a compiler currently present on your machine then check
that your are not loading an older version of the plugin from some other
directory by mistake.

?

Roger

?