Hi Rahul,

There isn't any extension aliasing from .dem to .gdal built into
osgDB::Registry so
there is no way for the OSG to know that you intend to use the gdal plugin.  You
add these yourself if you wish.

You can get the OSG to use the gdal plugin by preloading the plugin,
then it'll be
called automatically as part of the Chain Of Responsibility Pattern, or add a
.gdal to the end of the filename so that its osgDB will automatically
load the plugin
and then the GDAL plugin will strip the .gdal extension and then it'll
load the file.

Robert.