Hi,

> Try searching the archives for "ATI" or "NVIDIA". Problems with both have
> been discussed here in the not too distant past.

With such criteria one should select Via Chrome ;-)

Seriously, graphics boards generations ago (it  was in pre TnL times), I have
chosen  NVidia over ATI due to better OpenGL support at that time. Since then I
was using NVidia boards and was never dissapointed so much to leave the ship.
So honestly I simply don't have the picture to compare todays NVidias with
todays ATIs. Thats why I would avoid recommending anything.

If other folks on this list selected their preffered GPU vendor long ago they
may be in similar position. I have the reasons to think they might have been,
because such things like scene graphs usually mean years of experience in 3D
graphics ;-)

IMHO you should ask someone who writes comercial OpenGL software which run by
many users on various machines.

Cheers,
Wojtek