Hi Robert,

We just recently (three weeks ago) upgraded our software to OSG 2.4, and in 2.2
we was not able to get the multithreading work properly. There will still be
some time untill we release the new version to our customers as the release has
to be synchronized with some other modules.

However, even with multithreading, how can we ensure that the GPU execution is
not shifted between the frames? If you see the two images I attached to my
processing is done on the next frame even if it is more than time enough within
current frame. While in the more loaded situation the GPU processing is done on
current frame even if it barely is time.

We need to be sure that the GPU is executed every frame, and the only way I can
think about, is to synchronize the GPU to the vertical sync signal. It is not a
good idea to wait until culling is ended, and then trust that there will be
time eough to complete the GPU processing within the same frame.

Thanks,
-Alf Inge