Robert,

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm definitely not attaching any
manipulators to the viewer, so I don't think that's the problem; just to be
sure, I set the manipulator to NULL, and it's still rendering one frame
behind.

How would double buffering work with an attached osg::Image?  Do I need to
attach two images to separate buffers?  Right now I have one set to the
depth buffer and one to the color buffer, and I expect that after calling
renderingTraversal() the rendered scene is available in the image.  Is there
something wrong with that logic?

Thanks again,

- David

David Rubel