The problem is that you are trying to cast a pointer to a base class to a
pointer to a subclass. This would only work if the actual object being pointed
to is an instance of that subclass (or a further subclass of that subclass).
Geometry is derived from Drawable, not the other way around - which seems to be
the mistake that you are making.

Please refer to the inheritance diagrams for osg::Drawable and osg::Geometry.

Matthew W. Fuesz

Software Engineer Asc.

Lockheed Martin STS

1210 Massillon Road