From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Osfield
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:46 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Node needs to render at least one pixel

Hi Phil,

For the distance from the eye point/view Try:

   NodeVisitor::getDistanceEyePoint(Vec3)
   NodeVisitor::getDistanceToViewPoint(Vec3)

ViewPoint and EyePoint are usually co-incident, but in some effects like
shadows the eye point could be a false one i.e. local to the shadow, rather
than the main cameras eye point (which is the viewpoint).

Robert.