Hello,

I'll bring the CTK (cloning toolkit) to Siggraph.

John F. Richardson

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jean-Sébastien Guay
Sent: Friday, August 08, 2008 6:21 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] Siggraph Web3D and related technologies BOFs at a
glance

Hi John,

> Open Scengraph is
> sort of the Open Inventor functional clone that has a totally free
> license and is a Web3D technology
> [hope this assessment is reasonably correct].

For that last part, I think I saw someone doing a web browser plugin
that uses OSG to display objects/environments in a web page, streaming
the content over the net. I can't remember who or find a link though.
Perhaps someone else will be able to refresh my memory.

But other than that, OSG can read some Web3D formats, and perhaps more
in the future (if the new OpenVRML library is integrated).

> I do have a “pocket universe” with 29 hours per day
> for those that have to attend more BOF’s.

I like your sense of humor. :-) If only that were possible... When
making my Siggraph schedule I had a massive 4-way conflict on Wednesday,
and another smaller conflict on Thursday. It was a hard choice to make.
So much to see, and I can't clone myself...

J-S