Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:

Hi John,

Open Scengraph is
sort of the Open Inventor functional clone that has a totally free license and is a Web3D technology
[hope this assessment is reasonably correct].

For that last part, I think I saw someone doing a web browser plugin that uses OSG to display objects/environments in a web page, streaming the content over the net. I can't remember who or find a link though. Perhaps someone else will be able to refresh my memory.

There have been several attempt and think there is already at least one commercial product that use OSG inside a web browser plugin. We have also released our (alpha) release of osg4web that should do exactly that. The plugin is currently used for a virtual model of Rome city. see
*http://www.virtualrome.itabc.cnr.it
*os The website is still under devfelopment but following direction you should be able to get to the demo (a zip file with firefox, osg and the plugin all pre-packaged) as well as the CVS
instruction to get the source code (in case someone is interested)

But other than that, OSG can read some Web3D formats, and perhaps more in the future (if the new OpenVRML library is integrated).

I do have a “pocket universe” with 29 hours per day for those that have to attend more BOF’s.

If you do not run out of CTK (clone toolkit) license, you could send one of your Siggraph clone to look at our poster ;-)

I like your sense of humor. :-) If only that were possible... When making my Siggraph schedule I had a massive 4-way conflict on Wednesday, and another smaller conflict on Thursday. It was a hard choice to make. So much to see, and I can't clone myself...

J-S