Hi Jose,

If you build your VPB terrain using --terrain it'll produce terrain
which a high degree of geometry, but you can dynamically control how
much geometry is rendered by setting the
osgTerrain::Terrain::setSampleRatio(float).  You can also control the
LOD scale via viewer.getCamera()->setLODScale(float).   See the
osgmultitexturecontrol example for illustration of this in action.

The LODScale is a value you can vary per frame, so if you want to
change it in response to load you can.  The SampleRatio is something
that'll be used on building of terrain geometry, and changing this on
the fly would force a rebuild of the geometry so isn't something you
want to vary per frame.  I'd suggest altering the SampleRatio fit
different hardware, then use LODScale on the fly.

Robert.