Paul,

As far as I know default OSG culling is only done against the sides and
not against the near and far plane.
See:

        enum MaskValues
        {
            NO_CULLING                  = 0x0,
            VIEW_FRUSTUM_SIDES_CULLING  = 0x1,
            NEAR_PLANE_CULLING          = 0x2,
            FAR_PLANE_CULLING           = 0x4,
            VIEW_FRUSTUM_CULLING        = VIEW_FRUSTUM_SIDES_CULLING|
                                          NEAR_PLANE_CULLING|
                                          FAR_PLANE_CULLING,
            SMALL_FEATURE_CULLING       = 0x8,
            SHADOW_OCCLUSION_CULLING    = 0x10,
            DEFAULT_CULLING             = VIEW_FRUSTUM_SIDES_CULLING|
                                          SMALL_FEATURE_CULLING|
                                          SHADOW_OCCLUSION_CULLING,
            ENABLE_ALL_CULLING          = VIEW_FRUSTUM_CULLING|
                                          SMALL_FEATURE_CULLING|
                                          SHADOW_OCCLUSION_CULLING
        };

--
Roland

This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at
http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html