Hi Jose,

Getting 10fps is pretty bad, I personally wouldn't be happy till get
that up to 60Hz+.  The first step is to work out what is the
bottleneck - you say that you have too many triangles in your scene,
and cutting this down gets you back your frame rate.  There are lots
of ways to manage the number of triangles, if you have fog to hide
what is in the distance you can get away with enabling culling on the
far plane, but if you do enable this then you have to disable the
compute near/far as the two will be dependant on each other and you'll
end up with a feedback loop that might not behave well.

Far plane culling isn't the only techinique - using LODScale is
another technique, as is use of osgTerrain::Terrain::setSampleRatio()
if you are using osgdem --terrain generated databases.  See
osgmultitexturecontrol example for code that controls these
parameters.  I've talked about these in last month so have a trawl
through the mailing list archives.

Robert.