On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:46 PM, Robert Osfield
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> numProcessors = 4
> cpunum=1
> cpunum=2
> cpunum=3
> cpunum=0
> running and setting thread 0x737238 for cpunum=3
> running and setting thread 0x737638 for cpunum=0
> running and setting thread 0x734bf8 for cpunum=1
> running and setting thread 0x736de8 for cpunum=2
>
> So all looks correct in terms of num of processors and cpu number
> assigned for affinity.

I wonder why OSG assigns threads to cpus by itself and not rely on the
operating system. Or at least have a switch to disable this behaviour.
Suppose I have 3 cameras and 2 contexts, that could mean 5 threads
each with different cpu needs. How does OSG know what threads to put
on the same cpu? All I see is a simple round-robin distribution.
Am I missing something? Is this affinity possibly just a hint rather
than an enforced constraint, so threads might run on other cpus too?

--
Csaba