I guess I need to be a little more detailed in my project: I am simulating a vehicle driving down a test range with a sensor looking for targets. As a target is found, I add a geode->shapeDrawable(sphere) for each discovered target. As more hits are made by the sensor, the orientation, position, and scale of each of these spheres can change dynamically.

So I have a PAT as the parent of each geode to facilitate the transforms for each target. The problem is frame rate drops significantly as I add more and more targets (I may need up to 10000 of them!). I tried using the detailRatio on the sphere to reduce the number of polygons which helped a little, but not significantly. I have also tried using just a six-sided box as representative instead of the sphere, but still saw drastic frame rate drops. The osgStats show that most of the time is spent in the CULL process.

My question - is there a better way of handling a large number of objects that must each be individually manipulated dynamically for the duration of the program (i.e., not static)?

Im using a fairly

Mike Greene