Hi All,

At the start of this thread I mentioned my plan to move this
functionality into a plugin, this work is now complete, so you can do:

  osgviewer 10.0.0.1.vnc

And it'll open create a quad with an image attached as vnc client, the
quad has an osgViewer::InteractiveImageHandler attached to it to
enable it to automatically catch events and redirect them into the vnc
client via the image.

You can also just load the image using 10.0.0.1.vnc and then create
your own geometry and associate the event handler to this.  I have
modified the osgvnc example to use this approach, and also enable it
to open multiple vnc client quads at one time.

  osgvnc --host 10.0.0.1 --host 10.0.0.2

LibVNCServer doesn't always succeed in opening a connection so you
might not always see all the quads you expect as quads are only
created for successful connections.

One final note, LibVNCServer is GPL'd, the the plugin is GPL'd as well.