Hello John,

No answers, but I have seen in my own work that adding a new view to an existing (and running) CompositeViewer causes a crash when the CompositeViewer was running in anything other than single-threaded mode when it tries to stop the thread to add the new view (inside CompositeViewer). I had just assumed I was doing something wrong...which may still be the case, but it sounds similar enough to your problem.

Thanks for the added data point. Seems similar, though I'm not getting a crash, just what seems like a deadlock after adding a variable number of views.

So is the solution to destroy and recreate the CompositeViewer each time I add a view? Adding views should happen seldom enough that it shouldn't cause too much problems, as long as I can keep the settings... I might even be able to just clone the running viewer and then replace it with the cloned one...

OK, off to more experimentation...

J-S