Hi J-S,

I've just upgraded OSG on two Linux machines to latest svn and I can still reproduce the hang with your example. I need to add around 8-12 new windows.

The one machine is a dual-core laptop with GeForce Go 7400. The other is a quad-core desktop with a GTX280. Both are running Debian Sid 32-bit. NVidia driver version 177.82. OSG svn 9181. Tried debug and release version on the laptop, both hang.

Not sure why Robert can't reproduce the problem.

rgds
jp

Jean-Sébastien Guay wrote:
Hi Robert,

Thanks a lot for testing.

I could reproduce any crashes on press 'a' but on pressing escape the
code crashed due to a circular reference that your AddViewHandler
introduces with its local ref_ptr<CompositeViewer>.  Changing this to
observer_ptr<> fixes the crash on exit.

Yes of course, I didn't really focus on that as the deadlock is a bigger issue and this is just a quick tester.

I've removed them I still can't reproduce the crash so it does seem to
be working OK.

Weird, I can still get the deadlock, and JP seems to get it too on Linux. I wonder what's different. What threading mode were you running?

One thing to note is that I've merged a threading fix to
CompositeViewer's since 2.6.  Perhaps this is having an effect, try
svn/trunk.

I am - this example was compiled with SVN as of this Monday. Still getting a deadlock after a variable number of added views.

Any other ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks again,

J-S

--
This message is subject to the CSIR's copyright terms and conditions, e-mail legal notice, and implemented Open Document Format (ODF) standard. The full disclaimer details can be found at http://www.csir.co.za/disclaimer.html.

This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean. MailScanner thanks Transtec Computers for their support.