about this in sept. Either that post was a) in my imagination b) lost
in space or c) not very clear ;)

Sukender:
#1 I didn't need VC90 (Express). My customers did and thats all the
motivation I need
#2 Can't answer this in any better way then previous posters

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Brian Stewart
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Mattias,
> I have been meaning to do exactly what you have done, but have not gotten
> around to it. According to Microsoft, if your libraries have only plain C
> interfaces, and don't use STL internally, then you can get away with mixing
> libraries from different versions of their compiler. When I quickly looked
> over the third party libs for OSG they all seemed to be C (but I could have
> easily missed something), except for maybe the input device one, which we
> don't use, so we just used the VS8 third party libs while building OSG for
> VS9. But I have been meaning to get around to building everything for VS9,
> just to be safe. Are your binaries built with _SCL_SECURE=0 and
> _HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGIING=0? This would only apply to C++ third party libs,
> but as J-S pointed out, it does cause binary incompatibilities, similar to
> those caused by mixing /MT and /MD binaries. We turn these two features off
> for performance reasons, and we recently discovered that boost 1.36.0 now
> hardwires them to off - so anyone linking with this version (or I assume a
> later version as well) of boost would need to build OSG and their own code
> with these two features disabled as well.

I cant answer this of the top of my head. I have the source tree
around of course (but not here) so I will look into it and possibly
rebuild/resubmit. Basically I have used Mike Weiblen build scripts for
building these deps so if the msvc80 deps didn't do anything special
for these defines then I haven't either. I will get back with more
info.

cheers
Mattias