Hi Robert .
I m using osg to check keys but i cant use both two keys. i m trying do the
moves like Mario game where i can run and jump while running.
But with osg i press to run next i press the jump key while running but when
my "Mario" finish the jump I have to press run key again.
with SDL id understand to run while I m pressing the key to run dont matter
if other key is pressed together .

I m using this code like osgkeyboard example:

  rViewer->addEventHandler( new KeyboardEventHandler() );

// in the top of my main.cpp I have this class.  these keys are temporary
keys :)
class KeyboardEventHandler : public osgGA::GUIEventHandler
{
public:

        KeyboardEventHandler()
            {}

        virtual bool handle(const osgGA::GUIEventAdapter&
ea,osgGA::GUIActionAdapter&)
        {

            switch(ea.getEventType())
            {
                case(osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KEYDOWN):
                {
                       if ( ea.getKey()==osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KEY_F5 )
                                           {
                                              anda_esquerda=true;
                                              anda_direita=false;
                                           }

                       if ( ea.getKey()==osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KEY_F6 )
                                          {
                                              anda_direita=true;
                                              anda_esquerda=false;
                                          }

                                if (
ea.getKey()==osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KEY_Page_Up )
                                                      {
                                                       if(( ceu->ind_col.at
(0)==true)||(ceu->ind_col.at(1)==true))

anda_altura=true;

                                                      }

                                if (
ea.getKey()==osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KEY_Page_Down )
                                                      {
                                                            posz-=2.2;
                                                      }
                    return true;
                }
                break;
                case(osgGA::GUIEventAdapter::KEYUP):
                {

                     anda_direita=false;
                     anda_esquerda=false;

                    return true;
                }break;

                default:
                    return false;
            }
        }

On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 9:25 AM, Robert Osfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> HI Carlos,
>
> What is missing from the osgViewer supplied events that requires you
> to use SDL?  Perhaps adding the functionality into osgViewer/osgGA
> would avoid the need for extra complexity.
>
> On the SDL front I've used for getting joystick events with an
> osgViewer based application, but this doesn't require any keyboard
> events - these all just come through the viewer like the OSG examples.
>
> Robert.
>

> On Sat, Dec 6, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Carlos Sanches <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all !
> > Please !
> >  I m trying to use SDL to take keyboard events , but when my program runs
> is
> > apearing two windows . one of my OSG program and other black of SDL .
> when I
> > click in the black screen  my OSG objects move in the other screen.
> > I only want to use SDL to keyboard because has the response that I want .
> > Is there some way to dont appear the black screen and my OSG window read
> my
> > keyboard with SDL ??
> > I read this tutorial to do this until now but looks like that there is
> old
> > functions
> >

> http://www.cs.clemson.edu/~malloy/courses/3dgames-2007/tutor/web/controls/controls.html<http://www.cs.clemson.edu/%7Emalloy/courses/3dgames-2007/tutor/web/controls/controls.html>
> >
> > thank you !

Carlos Sanches
Analista de Sistemas e computação gráfica
Tel:  55 11 3816 2888
Cel: 55 11 9650 7137

     Somar Meteorologia
www.somarmeteorologia.com.br