On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Paul Melis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Was CGAL among the ones you tried? If so, did it work at all? It seems like
> a nice library, but I've never taken the time to actually give it a test
> drive.
>
> Regards,
> Paul

It's a good library, but some things are bothersome to me. In my
opinion they make too much use of meta programming, it took me almost
two minutes to compile a basic program. The meta stuff also makes it
really difficult to use CGAL, you have to jump though a thousand hoops
to do the basics.

But it does provide some algorithms that you will not find in other
places. And if meta programming intriuges you, you may enjoy using it.

My use of it was simple and short-lived, so if someone else used it
more extensively I would also like to know more.

Regards
Dirk