From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Ümit Uzun
Sent: Friday, December 12, 2008 12:02 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] discontinuity in texture in VPB...

Hi Tueller,

Do you want geocentric or terrain database? As I know you should use one
option in the command line. --Terrain or --geocentric

Try use only one option again. HTH
Regards.

2008/12/12 Tueller, Shayne R Civ USAF AFMC 519 SMXS/MXDEC
<shayne.tuel...@hill.af.mil>

        All,

        I finally have two small Geotiff tiles (1m resolution) that I've
        experimented with to examine this problem. I run them through VPB
and they
        first get reprojected (via GDAL I presume) into temporary files. I
then load
        the two temporary reprojected files into OpenEV for examination and
they
        still appear to line up as they did before being reprojected. That
would
        seem to suggest that the problem isn't with the reprojection step
(or what
        GDAL is doing).

        Once VPB installs them into the database, they do NOT line up as I
have
        shown in my previous email with the screen capture. This would
suggest that
        VPB is doing something that is shifting them off so they don't
align.

        I've attached the two GeoTiff tiles if anyone wants to reproduce
this
        problem.

        Using VPB, I'm issuing the command:

        osgdem --TERRAIN --PagedLOD --geocentric -t hillsmall -l 8 -o
hillsmall.ive

        The "hillsmall" directory contains the two tiles. Interestingly,
when I
        remove the "--geocentric" flag from the above command, things look
fine for
        a flat database and the tiles align (which isn't surprising). It's
almost as
        if the spheroid between the tiles and what VPB is using are not
matched.

        Any ideas on what's going on?

        -Shayne