I need to invoke OSG from Python code. I can't get osgswig working adequately in my environment, and I don't have time to chase the problems.

So, time to write some C++.

I have a Macintosh Leopard environment and a Windows XP environment. I can use either, but I prefer the Mac. I want to use the vanilla Leopard Python framework (2.5.1) with OSG 2.6.1. It would be nice-- but it is not required--if I could make the code work with the Tiger Python framework (2.3.5). I want to be able to produce a native application bundle. I have oodles of platform problems and the following initial questions: 1. Has anyone built 2.6.1 OSG frameworks (better, an umbrella framework) on 10.4 or 10.5? If so, how? 2. If not, does anyone know how to use the 2.6.1 .so files in a Mac application bundle? 3. Has anyone successfully used py2app with any version of OSG? Better, with 2.6.1?
  4. Has anyone successfully used wxPython with OSG on a Mac?

Please help this poor frazzled (and it's only the beginning of the term) grad student!

Randolph Fritz
  design machine group
  architecture department
  university of washington