Dealing with collada files I noticed a problem:

OSG 2.2.0: if I load a 20 MB model ( geometry+textures) with osgviewer, the
memory usage grows up to 700/800 MB and does not decrease until program
termination.

OSG 2.6.0: if I load the same model, the memory usage reachs 700/800 MB too,
but when the model is displayed the memory used is just 60/70 MB.

I must state that the model has a huge quantity of not-power of 2 textures,
and rescaling occurs.

My questions: is this difference (from version 2.2 to 2.6) in the collada
plugin itself or in OSG's core? What is the reason for such a different
behaviour?

Thank you.
Alessandro