Hi Alessandro,

You can set the OSG_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE env var to the max size you want,
this will force a rescale of all imagery larger than this when it's
download to OpenGL.  This is slow to keep doing at runtime though, the
best thing would be to write a pre-processing traversal that rescales
all the imagery to a sensible size then save out.  Another thing you
do is to use OpenGL texture compression to help reduce memory
footprint down on the GPU and in main memory.  Again converting your
data once then use this processed model at runtime is the most
efficient things to do.  You can use osgconv to help out with this.

Robert.