Hi Alessandro,

On Mon, Jan 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM, alessandro terenzi
<a.tere...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to try your last suggestion, but maybe I'm missing something,
> because I could not find setMaxTextureSize(.) in osg::DisplaySettings class,
> I looked in OSG's source v2.6.0 or v2.2.0.

Ooo, just checked, you are right and I've got a faulty memory.... goes
to show that even I need to check the code before I speak on a
topic...

Reviewing the code OSG_MAX_TEXTURE size env var is checked directly by
osg::Texture, and isn't cached at all by DisplaySettinsg as I thought
it was.  OSG_MAX_TEXTURE is a old feature that pre-dates the modern
wider role of osg::DisplaySettings, if I were to rewrite it today I'd
put it in DisplaySettings :-)

The way to set this env programmatically is to use the C function putenv i.e.

 putenv("OSG_MAX_TEXTURE=256");