From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Osfield
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:27 AM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] osgViewer::GraphicsWindowX11
vsosgViewer::GraphicsWindowWin32 question

Hi John,

You should be able to do window->realize(); window->makeCurrent() under
X11 using GraphicsWindowX11, without needing to run
osgViewer::Viewer::realize().  The Viewer::realize() just calls these
methods itself, so they do work.  Perhaps there is something specific
about your usage model that is breaking things.

Robert.