Hi Robert, Alfonso,

I still find it curious that your timer is so erratic, the problems
that you are having certainly aren't something that lots of people
have problems with, yet the task of moving objects around is very
common indeed.

One thing to check, on Windows XP systems with dual-core processors there are patches you need to install for Windows to handle timers correctly, otherwise it might give results like those you are seeing... Presumably the timer code gets switched from running on one core to the other and that gives a jump in timer values.

I just checked to refresh my memory, and there is one Windows patch, one AMD patch (only if you have an AMD CPU) and one modification to boot.ini that you need to make. The details are here:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=60416

(note: not sure the registry edits are necessary... but the other three are definitely useful)

Hope this helps,

J-S