Neil you need to know the following to be able to re-map the texture

1) The number of pixels of the texture for U and V
2) The Real world size of the texture either the texture is 10m by 5m
and you work out the pixel size or you know that each pixel represents
2m  either way you have to have the pixel size
3) You will need to now the original S & T used to apply  the texture to
each triangle (and if that already has been scaled in some way)
4) The size of the triangle and it that ( has been scaled and is in the
same world sizes as that of the texture)

If you don not have all this information then you simply cannot do what
you want

Gordon

Gordon Tomlinson

Product Manager 3D
Email  : gtomlinson @ overwatch.textron.com
(C): (+1) 571-265-2612
(W): (+1) 703-437-7651

"Self defence is not a function of learning tricks
but is a function of how quickly and intensely one
can arouse one's instinct for survival"
- Master Tambo Tetsura