Hi Paul,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:55 PM, Paul Melis <p...@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> BTW, is there currently support in osgVolume for interactively manipulating
> a transfer function?

I haven't tried it yet, but it should work automatically.
osg::TransferFunction1D holds an osg::Image that it should update and
dirty, and this osg::Image is attached to a convention texture which
should in theory just update when the image is updated.

> I noticed the call to osgVolume::applyTransferFunction() in the osgvolume
> example and that one kind of feels like it does processing on the image
> data. Is that correct?

You can apply the transfer function directly to the image, but with
GPU based shaders I've found it best to do all the compute of the
transfer function on the GPU, it's faster and produces high quality
results and... you can update the transfer function dynamically.