Robert Osfield wrote:
Hi Paul,

Good detective work.  So we need to do two things - make sure we don't
pick up on 1.9, and make sure that nsIBaseWindow.h is available.  I
have just tried out the following changes to FindXUL.cmake:

IF(PKG_CONFIG_FOUND)

    INCLUDE(FindPkgConfig)

    pkg_check_modules(XULRUNNER_XPCOM xulrunner-xpcom<=1.8.9)
    pkg_check_modules(XULRUNNER_JS xulrunner-js)
    pkg_check_modules(XULRUNNER_NSPR xulrunner-nspr)
    pkg_check_modules(XULRUNNER_NSS xulrunner-nss)

ENDIF(PKG_CONFIG_FOUND)

# Added check to make sure that nsIBaseWindow.h is available, as it's
not a standard part the of 1.8.x SDK
FIND_PATH(NSIBASEWINDOW_INCLUDE_DIR widget/nsIBaseWindow.h
    PATHS ${XULRUNNER_XPCOM_INCLUDE_DIRS}
    $ENV{OSG_DIR}/include/xulrunner
    $ENV{OSG_DIR}/include

Could you please try this out on your system, hopefully it'll not
register XUL as being found on your system.  While not perfect, it
will at least mean you won't have a broken build.
On Gentoo this (still) correctly detects 1.8 and the gecko plugin gets built. On FC10 this correctly fails to detect 1.9 and the gecko plugin is NOT built.

Looks good!
Paul